a hot topic amongst practitioners in the field of animal behaviour!
“You are what you eat” is a quote that can be applied to the dog world too.
There is vast anecdotal evidence that behaviour is linked to diet in dogs too and preliminary studies suggest that food has an impact on a dog’s ability to learn, concentrate and problem solve.
And as with humans, not all dog food suits every dog. For example, does your dog:
- Eat inappropriate things such as tissues, mud and grass?
- Have itchy skin when no bugs are found?
- Sometimes have a runny tummy and very smelly faeces?
- Become over excited or moody
- Find it difficult to concentrate
Dietary considerations will always be taken into consideration during training and behaviour programs.